In a wonderful article, William Leslie Bergman, M.D., Medical Director of Hahnemann Health Associates in New York, NY, wrote about the new energy medicine era:
“We are truly on the verge of an incredibly unique time in human history. In every area of human endeavor, and no less so in health and medicine, a revolution in thinking and behavior is taking place. While, at this moment, not everyone can appreciate these changing patterns and the new opportunities that are available to us, the next 20 years, we feel, will witness an unprecedented ‘new renaissance’ for the advancement of mankind. On every level, we are witnessing the blending, integration and synthesis of many concepts, methods, philosophies and cultures of health and medicine, which have as their common goal the solution of the problems presented by human illness and disease. As we come to the final years of the 20th Century and prepare ourselves for the 20th [sic], we envision the roles of modern transportation and communication as helping to bring our world closer together. So that we can learn from one another, share insights and discoveries and uplift the quality of life for the entire human family.A synthesis of Eastern and Western medicine, of modern with traditional methods and of those which are conventional with those which are new and innovative, is taking place rapidly about us. In this context, a growing realization of the need for metaphysical and even spiritual concepts to compliment material technology is emerging, for the psychological aspect to be unified with the physiological, and for new models of health, illness and cure to be developed. A new era of worldwide cooperation in the research of the cause, treatment and prevention of illness is emerging, and we are truly on the verge of a new higher-dimensional level of human existence. We can all join in the process; human history is waiting.”
TCM & Acupuncture
Body energy called Qi generated inside cells circulates throughout the body forming paths near the skin surface called meridians. Acupuncture points (AP) are points on the skin located on meridians where Qi can be manipulated.
There are also eight extraordinary channels in acupuncture that are considered reservoirs supplying Qi and blood to the twelve regular channels. These are believed to have a strong connection to the kidneys. Dotted along these meridians are more than 400 acupuncture points classified by WHO. (There may be as many as 2,000 points in use for different treatments.) These are listed by name, number and the meridians to which they belong.
When Qi flows freely through the meridians, the body is balanced and healthy, but if the energy becomes blocked, stagnant or weak, it can result in physical, mental or emotional illness. An imbalance in a person’s body can result from inappropriate emotional responses, such as excess anger, overexcitement, self-pity, deep grief or fear. Environmental factors like cold, dampness, humidity, wind, dryness and heat can also cause imbalances, as can factors such as a poor diet, overwork and too much exercise.
To restore the balance, the acupuncturist stimulates the acupuncture points that will counteract the imbalance. So if you have stagnant Qi, he will choose specific points at which to stimulate it. If the Qi is too cold, he will choose points to warm it. If it is too weak, he will strengthen it. If it is blocked, he will unblock it, and so on. In this way, acupuncture can effectively rebalance the energy system and restore health or prevent the development of disease. The points that the practitioner chooses to stimulate may not necessarily be at the site of the symptoms.
To manipulate (treat, use therapy on) an AP, one can use:
- Pressure (acupressure)
- Suction (vacuum)
- Heat (infrared acupuncture)
- Needle insertion (classical acupuncture)
- Laser light (different powers, different wavelengths, colours)
- Electricity (classical stimulation of needles and electroacupuncture EAV or EDS)
The meridians system also carries information related to internal organs, and this can be used in diagnosis. This is the basis of EAV or EDS.
Basics of EAV or EDS
EAV is an energetic assessment of an individual, a quick, non-invasive screening method of determining health imbalances. It is used mainly as a powerful tool for prevention, testing drugs and other remedies. It is a complement to all other standard testing procedures in common use.
General health conditions that can be ameliorated or completely treated with EAV/EDS
- CHRONIC health conditions
- Inflammatory or degenerative conditions
- Balance body energy
- Diagnosis of latent burdens, vaccines damages or toxins
- Geopathic stress
- Allergies and food intolerance
- Diagnosis of parasites, viruses or bacteria
- Pain therapy
- Remedies and treatment compatibility
Strengths of EAV method
- Fast and reliable diagnosis and treatment method
- Painless, non-invasive and without side effects
- Fast and versatile
- Quick estimation of all organs and tissues
- Reliable method of detecting latent infections and other pathogens
- Great technology for prevention; during measurements, some preconditions that could lead to tumour formation can be identified
- Remedies testing, including remedies’ compatibility and their most suitable dosage
- Offers a variety of different treatments, including biofeedback
- Based on an ancient, proven modality (TCM acupuncture)
- Helps patients and doctors to build confidence and better visualize the meridians, the causes and effects of a health condition
- One of the best techniques to test allergies, food intolerance and medication
- Determination of the meridian-system state, which is the subject of traditional Chinese medical practice, for developing an individual acupuncture regimen of the reflex-therapy treatment and estimation of the treatment efficiency
- Increases client numbers, thus increasing a practice’s income
- The training is fast (max. 2-4 days), and the devices are easy to use, even by practitioners with no TCM qualification.
- Practitioners can produce custom-tailored homeopathic remedies during the treatment session (with our devices only)
- EAV/EDS play a very important role in prevention, helping to identify potential disorders in very early stages.
Often people shake responsibility for their own health by adopting symptom-relieving solutions. EAV/EDS and biofeedback/bioresonance devices present patients and practitioners with an internal picture of their body’s stressors, returning the responsibility of health back to the public.
The basic concept for all of the EAV/EDS screening devices was an invention by Dr. R. Voll, who discovered in the 1940s that the electrical resistance of the human body was not homogenous and that meridians were acting as “electrical fields”. Furthermore, he showed that the skin is a semi-insulator to the outside environment. By the 1950s, Voll had learned that the body had at least 1,000 points on the skin that followed the twelve lines of the classical Chinese meridians. Dr. Voll called each of these points a Measurement Point (MP).
Working with an engineer, Fritz Werner, Voll created an instrument to measure the skin resistance at each of the AP, patterned after a technique called Galvanic Skin Resistance (GSR). This was named Point Testing. In 1953, Voll had established the procedure that became known as Electroacupuncture According Dr. Voll (EAV). This included two parts:
- The first part was point testing, in which a conductance measurement was taken at selected acupuncture points.
- The second part was the establishment of a balance of the points and conductance by the use of feedback medicine. This became known as Medicine Testing.
During the 1950s, many investigators, including Nakatani, studied the electrical conductance of the skin. They evaluated elasticity, resistance, permeability and chemistry, among many other skin properties, and found a much lower skin resistance (higher conductance) at some specific points. Normally, the skin has a resistance of 2-4 million Ohms, but a resistance of only 100,000 Ohms can be found at specific conductance points in normal, healthy people. These points corresponded to classical acupuncture points (AP).
Later, these acupuncture points were investigated and considered “information-access windows” and the assumption was made that the health status of an organ will affect the concentrations of the ions at the measurement points along the meridian (measurement points). It was considered that inflammation of an organ may cause increased ion concentration and that the increase of ions enhances the flow of electrons, causing resistance to decrease while the conductance may increase. On the other hand, a degeneration of an organ may cause a decrease in the ion concentration that hinders the flow of electrons as the resistance increases conductance decreases.
EAV/EDS points are small holes (4 square mm.) in the fascia, underneath the skin The core of an EAV device is an ohm-metre designed to deliver approximately 5-10 micro-amperes, preferably 2-5 micro-amperes of direct electrical current at 1-1.25 volts, a very small and perfectly safe amount of energy. These devices are calibrated to read from 0 to 100, so that the standard skin resistance of 100 kilo-ohms reads 50 (corresponding to 95 Kilo Ohms). This scale is divided into 100 graduations, but no units are assigned to it.
During EAV/EDS analysis the body becomes an integral part of a closed circuit. The conductance circuit touches two areas being tested on the body. At the first point of contact, the palm of the opposite hand to be tested holds the ground (negative) electrode. In the second place, the test probe (positive electrode) touches the specific acupuncture or conductance points on the skin. After completing this closed circuit, a known amount of electric current is emitted from the instrument through the probe. The instrument then measures the conductance, from baseline to peak and back to baseline, through the conductance point that the probe is testing. This represents a dynamic conductance value.
Lyra Nara offers EAV/EDS devices of an exceptional quality from the German producer Kindling who has a history in this business of over 70 years. We offer on all devices a 2 years manufacturer’s warranty.