THE PREVENTION MEDICINE OF THE FUTURE
PROGNOS® uses Electro-Puncture Diagnostics (EPD) methodology which is based on collection of the electro-physiological properties of the skin, such as skin impedance, at the location of acupuncture points (AP) following TCM meridians.
There is still a confusion about what is skin resistivity measurement (as in EAV, EDS, skin galvanic response) and skin impedance measurement (as in Prognos). Please find here a clear explanation to better understand Prognos methodology in comparison with skin galvanic response (EAV, EDS) technique:
- Impedance, denoted as Z, is an expression of the opposition that a system offers to alternating current (AC); It is the quantitative terms a complex ratio of resistance to AC circuit;
- Impedance is a two-dimensional vector with magnitude and phase corresponding to resistance (R) and reactance;
- Resistance, denoted as R, is a measure of the extent to which a system opposes to the movement of electrons among all other atoms. The easier the electrons are moving through the system when applying a DC or AC, the lower the resistance is. R is expressed in ohm. This is what you measure with EAV and EDS devices;
- Reactance denoted as X, is an expression of the extent to which a system stores and releases energy when voltage and current fluctuate in an AC current circuit. Energy might be stored or released in form of a magnetic field, in which case reactance is inductive. If the energy is stored and released as an electric field, the reactance is capacitive.
Impedance and Resistivity
- Electrical impedance of biological materials such as the skin, reflects the clinical status of the tissue tested. In general, impedance at low frequencies is related mainly to the electrical properties of the extra-cellular environments, whereas impedance at high frequencies is related both to the electrical properties of the intra- and extracellular environments and the capacitive properties of the cell membranes.
Prognos measures bio-impedance at different acupuncture points (AP) located on 12 meridians. These 12 TCM meridians are different from Dr. R. Voll EAV and EDS meridians.
Stomach: Earth Energy Yang Organ
Spleen: Earth Energy Yin Organ
Heart: : Fire Energy Yin Organ
Small Intestine: Fire Energy Yang Organ
Bladder: Water Energy Yang Organ
Kidney: Water Energy Yin Organ
Pericardium: Fire Energy Yin Organ
Triple Burner: Fire Energy Yang Organ
Gallbladder: Wood Energy Yang Organ
Liver: Wood Energy Yin Organ
Lung: Metal Energy Yin Organ
Large Intestine: Metal Energy Yang Organ
TCM 12 meridians, the biological clock and 5 elements
Exhaustive studies in the field of EPD already started in the 1950s when discovering the phenomenon of the reflexogenous zones with the abnormal electrodermal activity such as of AP.
In the 70s, especially Russian scientists started to develop a diagnostic method based on EPD. At first, Prognos was used effectively during the space flight. In 1984, the first measuring device was already tested by scientists and physicians on a real space flight. The results confirmed the future potential of the application of Prognos for the evaluation of the functional condition of the organism under extreme conditions.
In 1988/1989 the physician and cosmonaut W.W. Poljakow confirmed further improvements of the Prognos measuring process throughout a period of 9 months in space. In 1994/1995, the hard and software of Prognos system was used by W.W. Poljakow on space station “MIR” during his second flight, which was over a period of 437 days, 16 hours and 32 minutes. Down to the present day, the development of the Prognos technology has been driven especially by scientists from Russia and has been supplemented by appropriate evaluation software, which is based on millions of measurements.
Learn more about Prognos here:
Prognos System technology is now continuously developed by the German company Medprevent Systems in cooperation with many international experts among which Prof. Dr. A. Rosanov, Albrecht Binder, Prof. Dr. med. Jürgen Kleditzsch and an enthusiastic team of scientists and engineers. Prognos products are certified as medicine products.
Prognos identifies with a high precision which meridians are energetically out of balance, which are the causes of these disturbances and how to clear the sickness manifested as blockages on the meridians. Main target is to find the real causes of disturbances – diseases and to prove that the therapy was efficient.
Meridians before Therapy
Meridians after therapy
Lack of energy 70%
Energy after therapy
Lack of energy 8%
There are three main Prognos systems for human diagnostic and therapy and one for horses. We present here the modules for human medicine.